The PM will have primary ownership and actively manage all of the business and customer service functions required once a project has been awarded and turned over for submittal. You will proactively involve internal sales and operational resources to guarantee the clean and orderly flow of each project. The PM will work with the sales team to ensure that the project folder has been properly loaded with all the documentation needed for submittal and eventual order. You will verify the product selection meets the intended specification and work with our factories or internal systems to properly note configured product and specific controls architecture on projects.
The PM will develop firmly identified timelines from the customer and coordinate with customer support personnel to properly meet the project schedule. The PM will closely monitor the revenue intended on the project and will leverage the current opportunity or our collective projects to negotiate better pricing and provide suggestions of factories that will enable you to maximize the eventual profit to the company.
Depending on the size of the project, the PM will interface directly with the customer and their installation team to provide extended service functions such including on site approved submittal review, control architecture, delivery inspection/product identification, best practices for handling/assembling the products for installation, controls programming/start up services and warranty/post sales issue resolution. Finally, the PM will oversee all post sale requirements needed to effectively close out the project.
- Reviewing the project folder and ensuring all the information is available for effective project management.
- Understanding the revenue intended and maximizing the company’s ability to increase profit on every project.
- Creating a proper project schedule and monitoring/managing all external and internal business elements to ensure that we maintain time lines consistent with the project needs.
- Reviewing all specifications & drawings and ensuring the products bid on the project and documentation provided for submittal meets the intent of the specifier.
- Providing and producing submittal documentation including controls/configured product.
- Assembling and delivering a complete and accurate submittal package for approval.
- Meeting with customer field representatives to review submittal information, clarify drawings or areas of concern, provide product information and on-site assistance to increase the comfort or understanding relative to product identification and installation.
- Providing onsite programming and commissioning of control systems, via our field-services team or through manufacturer’s services.
- Managing all post sales activities for projects leading up to effectively closing the project out and turning over to the eventual project owner.
- Working closely with all business elements to ensure our process is effective at producing the smooth and accurate delivery of all project requirements.
Candidate should be able to follow strict process documentation, manage multiple contemporaneous projects and processes, continually learn about new lighting technologies offered by our manufacturers, have excellent verbal, interpersonal and written skills, project themselves and our company in a professional manner and be able to take on additional responsibilities as required by the position or project.