Join the Resource Resource Lighting + Controls Team. We’re searching for talented individuals to bring the latest LED lighting and controls technologies to the market. If you enjoy a dynamic work environment with professional growth opportunities we invite you to contact us.
Field Services Technician
We are in seeking a motivated, team oriented individual to expand our Field Services/Controls commissioning capabilities. Qualified candidates are self-motivated, resourceful, exhibit good problem solving techniques, solid interpersonal skills and are committed to following defined processes of workflow and documentation.
- Previous hands on field experience working with electrical/electronic apparatus or programmable controls.
- Ability to understand construction documents, electrical drawings, circuitry diagrams and specifications.
- Basic understanding of network topology for wired/wireless networks.
- Troubleshooting utilizing a multimeter or other electronic apparatus.
- Ability to learn in both class room settings as well as online or through printed materials for ongoing training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Desire to work in an onsite technical related capacity.
- Desire to be part of team with an interest in personal and professional growth.
Specification sales agents assist designers, architects, engineers and owners in finding the best lighting and controls solutions for their specific project. Sales agents participate in a number of manufacturer educational opportunities, meaning you’ll gain the knowledge to be a valuable asset to your Hampton Roads clients. Each day is different in this sales role. Some key responsibilities include:
- Developing professional relationships with clients and providing exceptional service.
- Managing a number of client accounts and design projects simultaneously.
- Developing and presenting the latest lighting design trends via in office presentations, online media and professional trade functions.
- Educating clients on energy saving designs and advances in lighting and controls technology.
- Helping clients maintain budgets.
- Engaging with our many manufacturers to develop custom solutions for clients.
- Assisting in lighting and controls design.
Desire to work in a technical sales and marketing field is important along with strong interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a high level of personal motivation and ownership are essential to success in this sales capacity.
Training is provided and ongoing as lighting and controls trends and technologies are ever developing. Previous experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Educational background or experience with electrical, architectural, interior or lighting design.
- Experience in a technical sales related field acting in an account management capacity.
- AutoCAD and/or building modeling experience.
- Basic or advanced understanding of lighting, lighting controls technology, products and their applications.
- Photometric software design
Project Quotations Specialist
The Quotation Specialist assembles quotes and captures and manages multiple projects in both the “open bid market” and as specified by our agency personnel. The ability to develop, implement and follow through with a sales strategy is key to this senior level position. You will be involved in all areas of the sales and marketing process including developing strong distribution, contractor and manufacturer relationships. Continuing education opportunities are provided to learn and maintain knowledge of market trends, design standards, building codes, manufacturer products to maximize existing revenue opportunities and develop new ones.
You’ll work with RL+C principals to continually develop internal company processes and educate personnel on pricing strategies in order to raise the overall bidding success rate. Experience in one or more of the following is highly desirable:
- Electrical and or lighting quotation experience.
- Demonstrated inside or outside sales / marketing ability.
- Assembly of competitive project bids.
- Training in one or more of the following: electrical building codes, electrical contracting, electrical engineering or lighting design.
- Interpreting electrical schematics and drawings related to lighting and lighting systems.
- Interpreting product specifications to compare performance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with photometric software and or AutoCAD